Last week we saw the in-ness of the Holy Spirit guiding us, teaching us, and empowering us to overcome evil. For what purpose? Why does the Holy Spirit lead us this way? Because the Spirit desires to draw everyone into this in-ness. His work in and through our lives is always unmistakable and irrefutable.
A good word to describe the unmistakable and irrefutable work of the Spirit is: Miracles.
Miraculous signs characterized the earthly ministry of Jesus, and they also should to the hallmark of Spirit-baptized Christians today who are sharing the Gospel with others (Acts 10:38; 2:43; Mark 16:20).
Some may ask, “Why don’t we see as many miracles today?” And some skeptics even point to a decrease in miracles as proof of their cessationist paradigm. But consider this: Has God’s power been diminished? Have all needs been met? Are there no more sickness or unsolvable problems of human suffering? Is everyone free of the power of the devil?
No, of course not!
So that would mean if there is any diminishment in miracles, the diminishment would seem to be in us! Particularly I think it is that we no longer expect miracles to happen.
Not only should we expect miracles, but we should also expect to be the vessel through which the Holy Spirit demonstrates the miracle.
- Minds opened that were blinded to the Gospel message—2 Corinthians 4:4-6
- Thoughts transformed—Romans 12:2-3; Philippians 2:5
- Invincible words spoken by us to others—Acts 6:10
- Love tangibly expressed through our spiritual gifts—John 13:34-35; 1 Corinthians 12:1, 31—13:3
- Gifts of the Spirit used constructively in the church to both evangelize the sinner and edify the saint—1 Corinthians 14
- Compassionate actions constantly initiated to address areas of human suffering—Philemon 4-7, 17
- Powerful prayers prayed and answered—Acts 3:6, 4:31, 13:2-3
- Miracles consistently seen as authenticating the Gospel message—Acts 10:38, 19:11-12
Don’t limit the Supernatural power of the Holy Spirit in you to only natural expressions. Constantly expect miracles!
If you’ve missed any of the messages in our series We Are: Pentecostal, you can find them all by clicking here.
►► Would you please prayerfully consider supporting this ministry? My Patreon supporters get behind-the-scenes access to exclusive materials. ◀︎◀︎