This has been a very full week for me… and it’s only Wednesday morning! Sometimes when things get busy, I tended to get unbalanced. No, I don’t mean I’m losing my mind! I mean I tend to hyperfocus on some things, and almost lose sight of other things.
One thing I always make time for is my Bible reading time. So as I was reading Paul’s second letter to the Thessalonians, I quickly spotted the balance Paul called us to:
- Watch for God and stay occupied.
- Be aware of evil but not obsessed with it.
- Be sensitive but not reactionary.
- Keep an eye on current events and balance them with Scripture.
- Pray for yourself and pray for others.
- Be busy but not a busybody.
- Work hard and trust God.
- Warn a brother that’s in error and continue to love him.
Ah, yes, I needed that! I hope it helps you too.