We have been working through our series on the Book of Ephesians, and I am so excited to share the speaking responsibilities with Tom Kaastra. Tom pastored a church in the Detroit area for nearly 40 years, and he is bringing such a richness of knowledge to this series!
“If you had one son in whom you found unspeakable delight, would it not be normal as a father to want many more? It is exactly so with the Eternal Father, Who by nature and choice, has desired and purposed to have a vast family of human-divine sons who are just like His Only Begotten Son.” —DeVern Fromke
The opening section of Ephesians 1 is just loaded with words of God’s delight:
- …it gave Him great pleasure… (v. 5)
- …the glorious grace He has poured out on us… (v. 6)
- …He is so rich in kindness and grace… (v. 7)
- …He has showered His kindness on us… (v. 8)
- …His own good pleasure… (v. 9)
Not only is God’s delight so ample in this section, but so is be the praise toward God which should be bursting out from us:
- …all praise to God… (v. 3)
- …so we praise God… (v. 6)
- …we bring praise and glory to God… (v. 12)
- …we would praise and glorify Him… (v. 14)
What is this thing in which God is so delighted, and for which we should be so filled with praise?
It is quite simply this: God has revealed Himself to us as a loving Father, His Son has made it possible for us to come into God’s family, and the Holy Spirit has given us the assurance that we have been adopted by our Heavenly Father.
That’s right … God’s plan was to adopt you into His family. When did He come up with this idea?
- …before He made the world… (v. 4)
- …God decided in advance to adopt us… (v. 5)
- …a plan to fulfill His own good pleasure… (v. 9)
- …He choose us in advance and He makes everything work out according to His plan… (v. 11)
- …He promised long ago… (v. 13)
God loves YOU so much that He had a plan from before the beginning of time to adopt YOU into His family. That’s what Jesus made possible through His death on the Cross, and what the Holy Spirit is constantly trying to reveal to YOU!! WOW!!
Please join us next Sunday as we continue our study on this amazing book in the Bible.