Listen to the audio-only version of this podcast by clicking on the player below, or scroll down to watch the video.
When was the last time you noticed your team? Not just on a surface level like saying hello in the hallway, but really truly paying attention to what’s going on with your team. Noticing is easy to do, but it does require you to spend time doing it. It’s impossible to see what your team is doing locked inside your office, so get out there and notice!
- [0:17] Kids on the playground demonstrate an important leadership attribute.
- [1:43] Leaders sometimes get too engaged in their work—how do we keep this from happening?
- [3:48] People are dying to be noticed!
- [6:17] What happens when we do or don’t notice the uniqueness of our teammates?
- [9:54] Leaders need to know the difference between windows and mirrors.
- [13:25] How our teams reciprocate for their leaders who notice them.
- [14:45] There are some huge and lasting benefits when leaders create a culture of curiosity.
- [17:11] Greg challenges leaders to learn a leadership lesson from Jesus.
- [19:20] We need to build noticing into our weekly schedules.
- [21:07] One group that all of should notice and celebrate: Our veterans and the family members of fallen vets.
Check out this episode and subscribe on YouTube so you can watch all of the upcoming episodes. You can also listen to our podcast on Spotify and Apple.