Listen to the audio-only version of this podcast by clicking on the player below, or scroll down to watch the video.
On this episode of “The Craig And Greg Show” we talk about:
- [0:48] What does the dictionary say about motivation? What do we say about motivation?
- [2:03] Motivation comes in “different packages”
- [3:48] How can we individualize motivation?
- [5:53] How does coachability mesh with motivation?
- [7:20] Is 100% self-motivation possible?
- [7:49] Greg’s story about a leader’s frustration with unmotivated people
- [9:44] Does yelling ever motivate people?
- [12:52] A teammate’s love language can give you insight into how to motivate them.
- [13:56] How do leaders “call out” what’s in our team members?
- [16:01] A leader’s self-assessment is key to how well we motivate others.
- [18:23] Are company-wide benefits demotivating? How can we switch this up?
- [20:30] Does the carrot-or-stick method of motivation actually work?
- [21:10] Greg shares a quote about how dreams can help motivation.
- [22:51] Great leaders don’t assume, but they ask important questions.
- [23:53] Our coaching huddles can help you individualize your leadership motivational skills and practices.