Listen to the audio-only version of this podcast by clicking on the player below, or scroll down to watch the video.
On this episode of “The Craig And Greg Show” we talk about:
- [0:15] I adapt a verse from the Bible to talk about generosity and Greg agrees with me.
- [1:00] Generosity is so much more than donating money.
- [2:15] Generous leaders are proactive, and have appropriate boundaries.
- [2:48] Leaders cannot fake generosity.
- [3:42] Generosity isn’t in the big things, but the everyday things.
- [4:25] Time, talent, treasure are all important components in generosity.
- [6:00] Greg shares a telling statistic about how Americans give to charities.
- [6:45] Greg says giving your network can be one of the most generous things a leader does.
- [7:37] Generosity requires an abundance mindset.
- [8:52] What holds us back from being generous?
- [10:00] Comparisons kill generosity.
- [10:27] Being generous expands our influence, but stinginess strangles it.
- [12:55] Our teammates are looking for places to be generous.
- [13:53] Generosity opens doors for new opportunities.
- [14:51] Greg shares an insightful quote from Anne Frank
- [15:17] I make a connection to the change in Ebenezer Scrooge’s life.
- [16:11] How we define a generous leader.
- [17:38] Our leadership challenge: how can you view generosity differently?