Listen to the audio-only version of this podcast by clicking on the player below, or scroll down to watch the video.
On this episode of “The Craig And Greg Show” we talk about:
- [0:20] Quality vs. Quantity is a struggle all leaders have to address
- [0:55] Quantity is easier to measure, which is why leaders tend to lean this way
- [1:45] I share a funny story about working with a church board
- [2:53] Leadership is about quality—how do leaders focus on this?
- [3:33] I share an insightful story from the Chick-fil-A boardroom
- [4:21] Greg talks about his leadership struggle with silos
- [5:27] I share a story from my book Shepherd Leadership: The Metrics That Really Matter
- [6:30] Efficiency and effectiveness don’t have to compete with each other
- [7:11] Quality is never an accident
- [7:50] Greg shares a helpful list of three items, but to stay on track you can only pick 2-of-the-3
- [8:45] What distracts us from pursuing quality?
- [10:00] Both quality and quantity have their places, but the leader needs to determine which one takes the priority
- [10:47] Greg shares a comical conclusion he made after overhearing a break room conversation
- [12:27] Why do leaders find security in “more”?
- [13:55] There is one key place where quantity should probably come first
- [14:48] Numbers are easy to use to measure quantity, but quality is much harder to measure
- [16:38] An important lesson for leaders
- [18:14] A leader’s words need to be more qualitative than quantitative
- [19:15] Our coaching huddle clients get both quantity and quality
Check out this episode and subscribe on YouTube so you can watch all of the upcoming episodes. You can also listen to our podcast on Spotify and Apple.