- be strong in my own ability
- be strong in the company of another warrior
- be strong in the Lord
- be strong in the power of His might
The armor I wear has been battle-tested by the undefeated Champion. It’s armor emblazoned with the crimson red blood of Calvary. It’s armor gleaming brightly with the glow of Resurrection victory.
I wear Christ’s armor!
- The belt of truth—it’s the righteousness of Jesus (Isaiah 11:1-5)
- The breastplate of righteousness—worn by the Messiah who defeated evil (Isaiah 59:15-17)
- The helmet of salvation—worn by Jesus as He won salvation for us (Isaiah 59:16-17)
- The shoes of the gospel of peace—worn by our Lord as He defeated our enemies (Isaiah 52:5-7)
- The shield of faith—God says, “I am your shield” (Genesis 15:1)
- The sword of the Spirit—what Jesus used to strike down satan’s temptations (Isaiah 49:1-2; Luke 4:4, 8, 12)
I must continually clothe myself in God’s armor. Then I keep the armor bright by prayer—
Holy God, may I be dressed in YOU at every moment. May I daily use YOUR battle-tested armor and weapons to strike a blow against satan!