Listen to the audio-only version of this podcast by clicking on the player below, or scroll down to watch the video.
Recently Greg got a call from an educational institute asking him for advice on how to help their athletes “toughen up.” Unfortunately, they’re not alone, it seems like resilience is in increasingly shorter supply across the board these days. As a leader, it is your job to help instill grit into your team. Not tearing them down, but showing them that you view them with more potential.
- [0:15] It’s time to toughen up, Buttercup!
- [2:54] We learn the best leadership lessons from the toughest times.
- [4:17] Greg shares an example from coaching t-ball that applies to all our leadership roles.
- [7:28] The temporary pain can protect us against the pain that would have derailed our leadership.
- [8:35] A college contacted Greg about why their athletes are lacking resilience.
- [10:12] Greg shares an insightful quote about struggling through a problem to achieve success.
- [12:07] We define the leadership culture that will serve us and our teams best.
- [13:34] We discuss an example from Greg’s NFL experience.
- [14:56] Resilience can be hard to teach, but we still need to keep trying.
- [17:54] Data from the Mayo Clinic that encourages us to develop grit.
- [19:34] What happens to reach that have teammates who don’t show stick-to-it-iveness?
- [21:04] A leadership separator is action over feelings.
- [24:00] The wrong and right ways to handle disappointments.
- [25:53] We can help coach you to bring out the resilience in yourself and your team.
Check out this episode and subscribe on YouTube so you can watch all of the upcoming episodes. You can also listen to our podcast on Spotify and Apple.
May 25, 2023 at 6:04 am
[…] Check out the full episode of The Craig And Greg Show where we talk about grit, perseverance, and resilience. […]