Christians are not citizens of Planet Earth. Our citizenship is in a place called Heaven, and yet we are traveling on Earth during our present lifetime. So the question is: How is a citizen of Heaven supposed to act while visiting Earth?
The Apostle Peter was one of the most active disciples of Jesus. During Christ’s first visit to Earth, Peter is recorded as speaking more than all of the other disciples combined. And not surprisingly, Jesus speaks more words directly to Peter than He does to all of the other 11 disciples combined. Peter got a lot of training!
With that background, Peter gives us invaluable instructions in his first letter to the church. He calls Christians things like: strangers in the world, chosen people, peculiar people, and aliens and strangers in the world. He tells us travelers not only how to behave while traveling on Earth, but why we should travel in a God-honoring way.
I will be continuing to teach through these fascinating themes of Peter’s instructions for aliens and strangers this Sunday. If you don’t have a home church in the Cedar Springs area, I would love to have you join us. If you cannot join us in person, we will be broadcasting each message live on Facebook.
I am excited to rejoin this journey of discovery with you!
Here are the sermons we have addressed in this series:
- Making Hearts Burn
- Reconnecting The Disconnection
- The Joy Of Trials
- A Whole New Revelation
- One Word
- A Perspective On Problems
- Christians As Priests
- 5 Ways To Live As A Free Servant
- Alien Government
- Misbehaving Government
- 5 Ways To Be A Christlike Employee
- Vegetables And Dessert
- Countercultural Marriage
- Christlike Wives And Husbands
- A Unique Look At “Church”
- How “Alien” Is Your Christianity?
- How Should Christians Handle Unfriendly Earthlings?
- The Christian’s Secret Weapon
- How To Respond To Bad Pastors
- 3 Apologetics For Your Christian Hope
- 7 Ways For Christians To Point Others To Jesus
- Handling Tough Texts
- Living Lives That Make Sense
- Unlearning Limiting Fears
- Life Is Hard! Now What?
- Alien Anxiety
- Battle Ready
- Alien Friendships