Mark Gilroy has given both Christian believers and skeptics a unique overview of profound Christian thinkers throughout the entire “AD” calendar. How Great Is Our God is a year-long journey with those historians, eye-witnesses, preachers, and martyrs who have truly captured the sentiment how great is our God!
From the book’s introduction—
“How Great Is Our God is compiled to take you on a journey through every century and every tradition of the Christian faith. We want you to experience the heart and thoughts of Christians from the birth of the church until today. …
You will find daily readings that have been selected because they are considered great and enduring thoughts that have contributed to the spiritual growth of Christians in every age, but also because some of the readings represent seminal moments in the history of Christian thought and Western civilization.”
You can read this book by the date on the calendar, or you can read the various writings in the chronological order in which they were written. Although some doctrinal statements may vary from author to author, truly the underlying theme through every age and every author is the greatness and praiseworthiness of our God.
Reading this book I discovered…
- …how influential people addressed cultural issues in their time through a biblical worldview
- …an increased appreciation for the historicity of the Christian faith
- …new insights into Christian theology
- …authors I may have overlooked
- …an invigorated passion to “contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints” (Jude 1:3)
From church history buffs, to pastors, to theologians … all should be pleased with the content they will find in How Great Is Our God.