“…I…” (Jesus in John 14:2, 3, 6)
- I go to prepare a place for you—your future home is secure.
- I will come again—we will be with Jesus forever.
- I am the way, the truth, and the life—there is no need to second-guess, no confusion; just perfect, heart-cheering clarity!
The disciple’s job—and therefore our job as well—is simply this: “Believe Me” (v. 11).
When we believe what Jesus says—I go, I will, I am—then we unleash the power of God in our lives. The power to…
- … do greater works (v. 12)
- … pray more powerful prayers (vv. 13, 14)
- … know the companionship of the Holy Spirit (vv. 16-18)
Whenever fear tries to creep in and paralyze us, may we quickly drive out that fear by believing and reaffirming what Jesus says: “I go … I will … I AM!”