Have you tried the P90x workout program? The idea is to work all different parts of your body in different ways: resistance training, cardio work, stretching. This multi-discipline approach is intended to give you a complete workout.
We are getting ready to start an intense spiritual workout at Calvary Assembly of God. This summer we’ll be launching The P119 Workout. We’ll be using the 119th chapter in the book of Psalms to have a multi-discipline approach to stretching and improving our spiritual lives.
Each week throughout the summer we will look at one of the 8-verse segments, and learn how to apply the principles to our daily routines. There will be some “workout instructions” given in our Sunday morning services, and then some on-your-own workout routines to do throughout the week.
I am really excited about the expanded spiritual strength everyone will gain from this. Please join me this Sunday at 10:30am.
If you missed any of the messages in our P119 series, check them out here:
- Perfect? Yes! (aleph vv. 1-8)
- I Want To Be Fascinated (beth vv. 9-16)
- Your Personal Spiritual Trainer (gimel vv. 17-24)
- Getting Back Up When Life Has Knocked You Down (daleth vv. 25-32)
- Reading The Bible Isn’t Enough (he vv. 33-40)
- Taunting (waw vv. 41-48)
- From A Frustrating Life To An Exciting Life (zayin vv. 49-56)
- Why Do You Read The Bible? (heth vv.57-64)
- Oxymoron (teth vv. 65-72)
- Small Beginnings (yodh vv. 73-80)
- Mouth-To-Mouth (kaph vv. 81-88)
- Learning & Teaching (lamedh vv. 89-96)
- 867-5309 (mem vv. 97-104)
- Rewards For Faithfulness (nun vv. 105-112)
- The Love & Hate Of God (samekh vv. 113-120)
- Eye Exam (ayin vv. 121-128)
- 10 Blessings From Obeying God’s Word (pe vv. 129-136)
- Humility Misunderstood (tsadhe vv. 137-144)
- Holy Rescuers (qoph vv. 145-152)
- Tears And Humility (resh vv. 153-160)
- Live Blessed And Peaceful (sin & shin vv. 161-168)
- God Stamps His Children (taw vv. 169-176)