Betsy had been experiencing a lower back pain for a couple of days, but yesterday morning it really intensified. She made an appointment to see her doctor, and after just a few minutes of being examined her doctor announced, “I need to send you to the ER. I think you might have a kidney stone.”
So I swooped in, picked up my bride, and off to the ER we went. After the tests there, the doctors believe that it is not a kidney stone but a severe muscle spasm.
I’m grateful for…
- …the fact that ER trips for our family are few and far between.
- …relatively easy access to medical care.
- …the wisdom of doctors.
- …the kindnesses of nurses.
- …the genius of scientists who design medicines.
- …health insurance.
- …technology that allowed me to communicate with family during this time.
- …friends who pitched in to help.
I’m not anxious to make another ER trip anytime soon, but it was a good time to look around and recognize how much I have to be grateful for every single day.
What are you grateful for today?