I am so proud of our Sunday School class! They don’t just talk about being disciples of Jesus Christ, they live it out daily.
On New Year’s Day, they braved the frigid temperatures to minister to needy people in the inner city of Grand Rapids. They are going back again on Saturday, April 23.
You can help in several ways:
- Go with them on April 23. They will be leaving 1:00pm.
- Donate some items that they will be passing out. You can find a complete list here → Encampment of Blessings
- Make a financial donation. If you cannot purchase these items, you may make a financial donation via PayPal on the church’s website. Please write “Encampment” on the memo line.
- Help with the organization of all the donated items on Sunday, April 17, right after church.
- Pray that God will use this outreach to open doors for these folks to hear and see the love of Jesus.
Jesus said, “For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited Me in, I needed clothes and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you came to visit Me. Then the righteous will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink? When did we see You a stranger and invite You in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see You sick or in prison and go to visit You?’ The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me.’” (Matthew 25:35-40)