For example, take this message from Jesus in Luke 6.
- If you don’t want others to judge you, don’t be judgmental (v. 37).
- If you don’t want to be condemned by others, don’t condemn others (v. 37).
- If you want to be forgiven, forgive others first (v. 37).
- If you want to receive, be the first to give to others (v. 38).
- If you want to teach, find a good teacher and then be a good learner first (vv. 39-40).
- If you want to help others with their problems, first look in the mirror at yourself (vv. 41-42).
- If you want to speak good words, put good words inside yourself (vv. 43-45).
- If you want to stand strong through adversity, build on the right foundation (vv. 46-49).
God doesn’t miss a thing! He told us how to stay in the place where He can bless us, and how we can avoid life’s negative consequences.
We would all do well to hear these words and put them into practice (v. 47)!