“True shepherds go to their sheep, where they are, to watch over their souls and equip them for ministry.” —T.M. Moore
Jesus said His sheep knew His voice. Pastor,
- Do your sheep know your voice?
- Are you accessible to them?
- Do you initiate contact with them?
- Do they see you laugh and play with them?
- Do you know where they work, study, live, and play?
- Can you pray for very specific needs in their lives?
Just something to think about…
UPDATE: This post was one of the seed thoughts that went into fashioning my book Shepherd Leadership: The Metrics That Really Matter.
November 6, 2021 at 4:21 pm
“Jesus set the example for the shepherds of His flock by following a course of self-denial, sacrificial giving, and devoted service to the needs of others. He eschewed all honors of men and never sought any material advantage from His efforts.” —T.M. Moore