The first step may sound simple, but it takes a lot of work: People have to want to be around you.
Think about it—it’s hard to influence anyone who doesn’t even want to be in the same room with you, let alone get up-close-and-personal! Here are some wise words:
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life… (Philippians 2:14-16)
Here’s what the Bible says we can do to be the kind of person others want to be around:
- Don’t be a complainer when things don’t go your way.
- Stop arguing about everything. There is a time to stand up, and there’s a time to quiet down. Learn the difference between the two.
- Live above reproach. Simply stated: do the right thing all the time.
- Live a life that pleases God.
- Set an example worth following and people will want to follow you!
- Use the Bible as the infallible standard for all of your life choices.
Living this way makes you shine like a star. Not a rock star or a superstar, but a powerful influencer.
Want to see something cool? The dictionary gives this amazing bit of information about the origin of the word influence—
An astrological term which meant the streaming ethereal power from the stars acting upon the character or destiny of men.
If you live the way the Bible says in these three verses, you will not only shine like a star, you will be positively affecting the character and destiny of those in your circle of influence. How cool is that?!
And that is a great reason to live a God-pleasing life!
►► Would you please prayerfully consider supporting this ministry? My Patreon supporters get behind-the-scenes access to exclusive materials. ◀︎◀︎