Thanksgiving Day 2011 is over, but the days for giving thanks should never be over. Although that sounds humorous, for many of us it is an important reminder. We need to remind ourselves because it is so easy for us to go from overflowing with thankfulness, to feeling depleted and empty.
This is exactly what Paul reminded the Colossians in part 3 of our Overflowing With Thanks series —
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. (Colossians 4:2)
Here’s how the cycle works:
- When we are thank-full to God for His blessings, we enthrone Christ in our hearts.
- When we are Christ-full, He brings with Him all of the peace we will need.
- When we are peace-full, the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:7).
- When our hearts and minds are clear, we can better see the blessings for which we can thank God.
- And when we are thank-full to God for His blessings, we start the cycle all over again.
We don’t have to run dry, or become depleted, or lose our joy, or be robbed of our peace. If we will remain watch-full to be thank-full, we will remain Christ-full, which will keep us peace-full.
May we never lose the blessing of fullness!