Far too many people are so quick to beat themselves up and run themselves down. Do you ever do that?
- How could I have missed that? I’m so stupid!
- Grrr! I forgot my wallet again. I’m so forgetful!
- I can’t believe I said that! I’m so insensitive!
- I could never paint like that. I’m so uncreative!
- I really messed that one up. I’m such an idiot!
- I can’t seem to do anything right. I’m just a good-for-nothing!
If you talked to your friends the same way you talk to yourself, would you have any friends left?
The things you say to yourself have got to change. The way you think about yourself has got to change.
God made you the way He made you on purpose. In all of human history, there has never been another you. Right now among the nearly 7 billion people on earth, there isn’t anyone like you.
You are you because God made you. He loves what He made. He loves you!
Perfect? No way! None of us are. That’s one of the few things you and I have in common with everyone else.
Unique? You better believe it!
One of a kind? You sure are!
Good for something? Yep! You have the talents and abilities and personality and temperament that God intended for you to have.
STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP!
Look into God’s mirror and let Him reflect back to you just how wonderful you are! Spend quiet time with your Creator, with your Lover. Hear Him whisper to your heart how special you are.
Then be you. The world needs you to be you. The world is a better place with you in it.