We went big for our Resurrection Sunday celebration. Instead of our usual format, we had two services, we provided breakfast for everyone, and we wrote and presented an original Easter drama. It was a stretch for us. Going big means:
- More nights and weekends spent writing and rehearsing.
- Recruiting more nursery workers.
- Asking those nursery workers to give up being in the service to minister to our kids.
- Spending Saturday setting up tables and chairs.
- Spending money on food that we wouldn’t normally spend.
- Asking our music team to come earlier and stay later.
- Speaking twice.
But it was so worth it! At the end of the morning, 18 people invited Jesus into their life!
Since Jesus gave His life for these folks, I think it is a small sacrifice for us to give the money and time and effort that we gave.
I’m so proud of my cast and crew, and kitchen workers, and worship team members, and nursery workers. Not to mention all of our church members who invited family and friends to come to our Easter breakfast drama this morning.
Ah, yes, it is so worth it!!