Listen to the audio-only version of this podcast by clicking on the player below, or scroll down to watch the video.
On this episode of “The Craig And Greg Show” we talk about:
- [0:54] Effective problem solving is a skill every leader should maximize
- [1:52] Why do leaders choose to avoid problems?
- [3:03] Greg tells a story about leadership burnout
- [4:46] Obvious problems are simple fixes, so don’t delay!
- [5:57] Who can help you with your complicated problem?
- [6:40] How should new leaders deal with problems in a transition period?
- [8:23] What should you do about someone who’s always part of the problem?
- [9:12] Do you have kids in your river?
- [10:22] Are you aware of the complexities in the culture of those you lead?
- [11:52] Leaders must address chaotic issues, no matter the cost
- [13:16] How can leaders navigate around unchangeable facts?
- [14:05] Leaders should scale their response to the immediacy of the issue
- [14:40] Is your problem obvious, complicated, chaotic, or complex?
- [15:55] How can your changes as a leader solve problems?
- [16:28] Do you need to move on without some people?
- [17:20] Are you a leader of a “problem enjoyer”?
- [18:45] Are you asking powerful questions?
- [20:08] How our our Coaching Huddles can help you grow