[Each chapter in the Book of Proverbs contains thoughts that fit into a theme; they are not just random thoughts gathered together. In this “Saturday In The Proverbs” series, I will share a theme that I see in each chapter. But the cool thing about God’s Word is that you may see an entirely different theme. That’s great! If you do, I would love for you to share it in the comments below.]
He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck, will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy (Proverbs 29:1).
We waste things like…
- …personal growth (vv. 1, 19)
- …nurturing relationships (vv. 2, 5, 8-11, 24, 27)
- …wealth (v. 3)
- …leadership opportunities (vv. 4, 12, 14, 18, 26)
- …escape from heartache (vv. 6, 15, 17, 20, 21)
- …relieving others’ suffering (v. 7)
- …revelation / insight (vv. 13, 19)
- …growing in righteousness (v. 16)
- …lasting peace (vv. 22, 23, 25)
Don’t waste what God wants to give you!