[Each chapter in the Book of Proverbs contains thoughts that fit into a theme; they are not just random thoughts gathered together. In this “Saturday In The Proverbs” series, I will share a theme that I see in each chapter. But the cool thing about God’s Word is that you may see an entirely different theme. That’s great! If you do, I would love for you to share it in the comments below.]
Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, but such as keep the law contend with them (Proverbs 28:4).
Violating God’s laws are no less painful and deadly. Break them at your own peril.
If you do violate God’s laws, the consequences include:
- fear (v. 1)
- more rulers and more rules being imposed on you (vv. 2, 15, 16)
- justice is perverted (vv. 3, 5, 6)
- shame (vv. 7, 18, 22-24)
- insecurity (vv. 8, 19, 26)
- your prayers are unheard by God (v. 9)
- retribution coming back to bite you (vv. 10, 13, 14, 17, 20, 21, 27)
- embarrassment (v. 11)
- a backlash from others (vv. 12, 25, 28)