I love reading. But hands-down, without a doubt, my favorite book to read is the Bible. So I’m always intrigued by any resource that can help me get more out of my time in the Scriptures. In The Gospels Side-By-Side by Rose Publishing, I found a goldmine.
This short pamphlet is chockfull of graphics, charts, maps and historical background information that helped me see the bigger picture of the story of Jesus that the Gospel writers were conveying to us. It begins with the unique perspective of each Gospel writer, and launches us deeper into the Bible from there.
In this book you will see things like:
- The events of Christ’s life, and which Gospel tells particular events
- The miracles of Jesus
- The parables of Jesus
- The chronological movements of Jesus
- How Jesus celebrated Passovers during His public ministry
- How these biblical biographies compare to other biographies of the era
- Even the historical harmony of the Gospel message in the post-apostolic age
This should bring new life to any Bible student’s reading time! I highly recommend you check out not only this pamphlet, but many of the other resources available at Rose Publishing.
Here are a couple of screenshots from the book…
September 9, 2016 at 9:27 am
Really love this post. Any other information in biblical scholarship you’d care to share?
September 9, 2016 at 5:04 pm
I try to post book reviews every Tuesday. If you type “book review” in the search box, you will easily be able to view them all. Thanks for asking!
December 27, 2016 at 6:06 am
[…] The Gospels Side-By-Side […]