When I went to college, I went as a biomedical chemistry major. I began my collegiate education at a Christian liberal arts university, and then transferred to a very secular state university. Ever since that time, I have always been deeply interested in the scientific fields, especially biology. So I was excited to read Dr. John Sanford’s paper In Light Of Genetics: Adam, Eve and the Creation/Fall.
In my Christian education experience, the scale was slightly weighted in favor of a biblical view of Creation. In my state university experience, the scale was overwhelming tipped toward an evolutionary paradigm. At both universities, I had rather intense conversations with my professors and classmates about hard science viewed through a biblical paradigm. Dr. Sanford’s paper was an encouraging study to read because of its balance between science and the Bible.
You can read Dr. Sanford’s full paper by clicking here, but here are a few highlights for me:
- Genetic evidence is pointing more and more toward the biblical description of Creation.
- The “junk DNA” claim that Darwinists need to support their theories of evolution are being proven invalid.
- There is clearly a “Mitochondrial Eve” whose DNA sequence is evident in living human beings today.
- There is also a “Y Chromosome Adam” whose DNA sequence is equally as evident.
- Molecular clocks point to a young genome for biological life.
- The Y chromosomal differences between man and chimp are far greater than evolutionist theories predicted.
- The genetic differences/similarities seen today fit perfectly with the account of the biblical Flood.
For all my geeky science friends, I will post some quotes from this paper soon.
Whether you are a geek or not, this is fascinating reading! I encourage my friends who hold Darwinist views to read this, and then let’s talk. I also encourage my Creationist friends to read this too, and use these studies to strengthen your apologetics.