But listen to this good news: God is for you!
God created you to be in relationship with Him.
When Paul writes in Romans 8:31, “If God is for us, who can be against us,” it’s not a wondering, uncertain “if” (as in, “I wonder if this is true?”). No! What Paul is saying is, “If you already know that God is for you, why are you wondering about who or what is against you?”
Here are the facts (all from Romans 8):
- The Holy Spirit is interceding for you (vv. 26, 27)
- God is working out all things for your good (v. 28)
- God justifies you (vv. 30, 33)
- God will give you everything He gave Jesus (v. 32)
- Jesus is interceding for you (v. 34)
- Nothing and no one can ever separate you from God’s love (vv. 35-39)
Let me state it again—