Yesterday was an historic day at Calvary Assembly of God, and I’m still buzzing about it!
The Assembly of God fellowship has several classifications for churches, the highest one being “general council status.” Yesterday our membership voted unanimously to move into this category!
Here are some of the miracles of the day:
- My predecessor, Joel Baxter and his wife Kristina, were in attendance. They live and minister in Wisconsin now, so I didn’t think they would be able to attend, but they showed up and surprised us all. Pastor Joel laid the foundation on which we can now build, and I am so grateful for him. I’m also grateful for the prayer of blessing he prayed over us.
- Pastor Joel shared a couple of prophesies that had been spoken over this church. One is that we would be a light to northern Kent County, and the other was that ministry would flow from this church to the cities and communities surrounding us. Amen!
- Two precious ladies in our church have been at Calvary since its beginning decades ago, and they got to be the first two signers of our general council resolution.
- We had several people visiting for the first time that stuck around to watch this historic vote. I love the testimony that this was for them.
- Every vote we have taken among our membership has been unanimous. Truly this is a group of people who are one in spirit and purpose.
Notice that I said that we are growing up — not grown up. I’m thrilled with where we are, but we still have a long way to go to…
…prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:12-13)
And in case you haven’t heard me say it lately:
I ♥ My Church!
If you live in West Michigan and don’t have a church home, I would love for you to join us next Sunday!