According to the law of entropy, a system will constantly move from order to disorder, unless sufficient energy is used to keep the system in order. More simply put: you and I can’t coast.
- If you’re married, put energy into finding new ways to cherish your spouse.
- If you’re a parent, put energy into better parenting skills.
- If you’re a friend, put energy into deepening that friendship.
- If you’re an employee, put energy into doing your job better.
- If you’re a leader, put energy into leading better.
I love this article 5 Love Languages, 7 Days, 1 Couple in WebMD (you can read it here) about a couple skeptical of how Gary Chapman’s book on love languages could improve their marriage. But they decided to try it for one week. They put in the energy and got something better out. You can also read my thoughts about Dr. Chapman’s book by clicking here.
Are you willing to invest a week of energy into your marriage, family, job, or friendships? If you will keep applying energy, you will keep improving. And that’s a lot better than deteriorating!