You who answer prayer … You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, God our Savior…. Shout for joy to God, all the earth! (Psalm 65:2, 5; 66:1).
Psalms 65 and 66 tell of God’s awesome involvement in our lives. He is both globally involved and personally involved. He’s not too big to care for my needs, and He’s not so preoccupied with me that He is unaware of global events.
Look at the grandeur of our Creator—
- You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness
- You are the hope of all the ends of the earth
- You formed the mountains by Your power
- You stilled the roaring of the seas
- You care for the land and water it; You enrich it abundantly
- Your carts overflow with abundance
- all of creation shouts for joy and sings praise to You
- all the earth says, “How awesome are Your deeds!” and bows down to You in praise
- You rule forever by Your power, Your eyes watch the nations
- how awesome are Your works on man’s behalf!
And yet He is not just God of global events, but He is intimately involved with each and every person. He notices me!
The psalmist says, “Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.” Then he tells how God…
- forgave my sin
- listened to my prayer
- honored my prayer
- has not withheld His love from me
Oh, come and see! See how awesome God is that the earth trembles before Him. See how awesomely loving He is that He stoops to listen to me. He is indeed a global God but He is also an intimately personal God.
The more we know our God in both His majesty and His intimacy, the more we will praise Him.