This is just as true in the spiritual realm, which is why John Calvin warned, “Those who are strong only in fervor and sharpness, but are not fortified with solid doctrine, weary themselves in their vigorous efforts, make a great noise…[and] make no headway because they build without foundation.”
We have had on the Calvary website since Day 1 a link to “What we believe,” but more than just having them listed there, it is important to discuss them.
So the first Sunday of each month through the rest of 2021, we will be exploring our strong doctrinal foundation. I promise you that this won’t be “dry” theology or doctrine, but it will be an exciting journey of discovery of the foundation upon which we stand.
Please join me on Sunday, June 6, as we look at our next Foundation Stone.
Here are the topics we have covered so far:
- The Inspiration of Scripture
- God Is One, God Is Love—the doctrine of the Trinity
- The Deity And Divinity Of Jesus
- The Sin Of Man, The Salvation Of Jesus
- Confirmation Of The Baptism In The Holy Spirit
- Ordinances Of The Church
- Three Pictures Of The Church—the mission of the church
- 4 Ministries Of Healthy Churches
- By His Stripes–divine healing