I love to read (just take a peek at the number of books I read and reviewed last year). But without a doubt, hands-down, the clear runaway favorite read is my Bible.
“The Bible alone seems broader, and deeper, and fuller the oftener it is studied. We have no need to look for allegorical and mystical meanings. The fresh truths that will constantly spring up before our eyes are simple, plain, and clear. Of such truths the Bible is an inexhaustible mine. Nothing can account for this but the great fact that the Bible is the Word, not of man, but of God.” —J.C. Ryle
I thought I’d share with you some of the current Bible study tools I’m utilizing—
- I am reading through the Bible on YouVersion’s plan called As It Happened. This takes you through the Scripture in chronological order.
- Along with this chronological plan, I have also subscribed to the daily devotional called Missionary God—Missionary Bible. This comes as a daily email from premier missiologist Dick Brogden, and follows the readings of the chronological Bible.
- I am reading through the John Maxwell Leadership Bible, where events and characters are studied through a leadership lens.
- Since I am presently in the Gospels in the Leadership Bible, I am also utilizing Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes by Kenneth Bailey, and Expository Thoughts On The Gospels by J.C. Ryle.
- I also utilize the Hebrew and Greek resources almost every day at Blue Letter Bible.
- And I also love doing shared reading plans with family and friends on YouVersion.
Please share in the comments what Bible study tools you are using so we can all learn and grow together.