…Joshua the high priest… (Zechariah 3:1).
From this passage [Zechariah 3:1-10] we learn that God’s leaders are…
- … standing in God’s presence
- … opposed by satan
- … protected by God
- … anointed, empowered, and inflamed by God
- … cleansed by God
- … admonished by God to live up to the highest standards of righteousness
- … given rewards for their righteousness
- … used by God to accomplish His plan
Being a leader is an awesome privilege and responsibility! This is not a position anyone should seek for themselves (James 3:1; Jeremiah 45:5).
A mark of a godly leader is one who feels the weight of God’s calling.
This is part 31 in my series on godly leadership. You can check out all of my posts in this series by clicking here.