Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did (Genesis 6:22).
- … remain pure in a depraved, everything-goes generation
- … build an ark in a place nowhere close to water, when it had never rained on the earth, let alone flooded
- … gather animals from all over the world
- … secure food for himself, his family, and all of the animals he had collected
- … convince his family this ark was needed to escape the world-wide flood God was sending, and
- … keep convincing his family to hang in there with him for the next 100 years!
And Noah did all of this: Everything that God told him to do.
“No matter how unusual, or unconventional, or even unheard of, if God commands I must fully obey. I must do according to all that God says.” —Craig T. Owens
In doing so, God saw that Noah was “righteous before Me in this generation” (7:1). This allowed God to pronounce a blessing on Noah and his family (9:1).
God’s blessing always follows our obedience.
God doesn’t say, “I have blessed you, now obey Me.” But He says, “If you obey Me I will bless you.”
Holy Spirit, help me to obey all that You are instructing me to do. May my obedience be as pleasing to my Heavenly Father as Noah’s obedience was. May God be glorified by my full and quick obedience, and may others be drawn to Christ as they see the blessings that follow obedience. No matter how unusual, or unconventional, or even unheard of, may I be quick to obey. In Jesus name I pray. Amen!