Listen to the podcast of this post by clicking on the player below, and you can also subscribe on Apple, Spotify, or Audible.
In the first 39 chapters of Isaiah, there is a lot of doom-and-gloom prophecy about coming judgment. But as the fortieth chapter opens, there is a decidedly more upbeat outlook as prophecies about the Messiah and the coming of God’s Kingdom unfold before us.
Fittingly, there is a recurring phrase that wasn’t heard in the first 39 chapters of Isaiah—FEAR NOT.
Why does Isaiah tell us so many times to banish fear? Here are 15 reasons that God gives:
- God says, “I am with you.”
- God says, “I will strengthen you.”
- God says, “I will uphold you.”
- God says, “Those who contended with you shall be as a nonexistent thing.”
- God says, “I will hold your hand.”
- God says, “I am in control.”
- God says, “I will make you into something irresistible.”
- God says, “Everyone will see the amazing things I will do for you.”
- God says, “Anything apart from Me is worthless.”
- God says, “I have redeemed you.”
- God says, “You are Mine.”
- God says, “I know you by name.”
- God says, “I will go through floods and flames with you and you will not be drowned or burned.”
- God says, “Nothing ever takes Me by surprise.”
- God says, “I alone am God and everyone else is a mere man.”
Bottom line: God’s Word gives us ample reasons to root out fear from our heart.
Read these promises for yourself in Isaiah 41:10, 13, 14; 43:1-2; 44:8; 51:12.
►► Would you please prayerfully consider supporting this ministry? My Patreon supporters get behind-the-scenes access to exclusive materials. ◀︎◀︎
Tell me what you think about this...