Just for fun?
As a stress-buster?
For real needs?
Where do you go shopping?
Whichever store is closest?
The one with the best prices?
The one with the most desirable styles?
How about shopping somewhere that really makes a difference?
Betsy and I were wandering around Rockford, MI, last weekend and stumbled upon an incredible store called The W.A.R. Chest Boutique. W.A.R. stands for Women At Risk. (Please read more about the mission of W.A.R. on their website.)
In a nutshell, W.A.R. sells items made by women who have been rescued from slavery or other oppressive conditions. These women have been taught a skill to make jewelry or clothing or other one-of-a-kind items for your home. And here’s the great part: 90% of the proceeds go back to the women who made the items! Yes, 90 percent!
You can get involved by:
- Educating yourself on the plight of at-risk women around the world.
- Shopping at the two W.A.R. boutique locations in West Michigan.
- Shopping W.A.R.’s items online.
- Hosting a W.A.R. party in your home.
- Praying for these women, and for organizations that are helping them.
Don’t just shop. Shop with a purpose.
Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God’s hand for that person. (Proverbs 3:27)