I walked into a coffee shop for a meeting this morning and someone who had been in Biggby before me was wearing the same perfume that Betsy wears. It made me think of her throughout my meeting. Without even realizing it, some anonymous woman left something nice behind for me.
Here’s a thought…
…how about if we find a way to leave something nice behind everywhere we go?
A few thoughts on how we could do this:
- Pick up a piece of trash blowing across the parking lot (even if it’s not your trash).
- Wipe the water off the restroom counter (even if you didn’t splash it there).
- Smile at the over-worked, under-paid server who is serving you (maybe even leave a larger tip).
- Straighten up the magazines in the waiting room (even if you didn’t mess them up).
- Put the toys back in the toy box (even if your kids didn’t play with them).
- Restack the fallen cups (even if you didn’t knock them over).
Do something unexpected.
Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Leave something nice behind.
C’mon, let’s make a difference.