And you’ve probably heard the tried-and-true cliché—If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.
Here are five attitude-adjusting thoughts and one key question about failure and success from John Maxwell:
- Failure is an attitude, not just an outcome.
- Success comes by going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
- Failure isn’t failure unless you learn nothing from it.
- Failure is an opportunity to begin again, but more intelligently.
- Failure never leaves us the same: I’m either leaving the failure and giving excuses, or I’m learning from the failure and I’m growing.
John then asks: “The key question on your bad day is: Are you going to give up or get up?”
What are you going to do with failure?