- Am I like Him in my thoughts and in the way I spend my time?
- If He were physically living on earth right now, would He do what I am doing?
- Would He not choose His words more carefully than I do?
- Would silly speech come from His lips?
- Would He enjoy my friends?
- Would He spend a fortune pampering His body, and swallow enough food at one meal to feed hungry people for a week?
- Would He be fashion-conscious, even if that made His appearance ridiculous and offensive?
- Would His hands be busy with games that drive time away?
- Should I do anything that would make me unlike Christ?”
—William Gurnall, in The Christian In Complete Armor