In remembering Sanctity of Human Life Sunday we looked at some sobering, heart-breaking stats—
Planned Parenthood reported:
- They performed 327,166 abortions in the course of one year and only 2,197 adoption referrals.
- That’s 149 abortions for each adoption referral (149:1).
- In order to hit this astronomical number they had to perform approximately one abortion every 96 seconds.
- That means they killed more than the population of Grand Rapids AND Lansing. Combined!
- They did all of this while receiving over $540 million in government grants and reimbursements.
But we also learned some happier stats from Alpha Family Center of Cedar Springs—
- Alpha has been providing pro-life, pro-family services in Cedar Springs for 22 years.
- 11,300 baby and toddler related items were given out in 2013. That includes 1000+ packs of diapers, 214 cans of formula, 900 jars of baby food & baby cereal, and nearly 5200 articles of clothing for babies, toddlers and pregnant women.
- Alpha’s counselors provided over 1000 peer counseling sessions, taught 850 parenting classes, and gave 70 free pregnancy tests.
- And they did all of this without one cent of government aid!
Please support Alpha with your prayers and financial support.
In our series on prayer, I shared this great quote from Charles Spurgeon:
“Why do I not call on God’s Name? Why do I run to this neighbor and that when God is so near and will hear my faintest call? Why do I sit down and devise schemes and invent plans? Why not at once roll my self and my burden on the Lord?”
Great questions! In answering those we learned this great truth: How we pray is how we will live!