It simply doesn’t work! In fact, it’s a waste of time if all I do is—
- Speak a blessing over someone’s life
- Claim a promise in Scripture
- Walk with God for years
- Provide outstanding hospitality
“Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead,” James says a couple of verses later (v. 17). I need faith AND action—
- Speak the blessing AND be the blessing
- Claim a promise AND act on it
- Pray AND do
- Walk with God AND bring others along with me
- Entertain AND get out in the streets
“I will show you my faith by what I do!” (v. 18).
Faith and, and, AND works.
Heavenly Father, help me to get this right. I don’t want to preach it good or believe it strongly, unless I’m going to live it well, too.