- “If I could only sing like her.”
- “I wish I could draw like you.”
- “Wow, I wish I could write like that!”
- “You have way more Facebook friends than I do.”
- “I could never stand up in front of an audience like that pastor.”
If you’ve ever said something like this, what you’re really saying is, “I want to be someone else.”
But God made you you. He didn’t make anyone else you. No one can be you but you.
When you get to heaven, God isn’t going to say:
- “Why didn’t you learn to sing like her?”
- “You should have taken art lessons.”
- “Your blog wasn’t as popular as his.”
- “You had fewer friends than anyone else.”
- “Why didn’t you become a pastor/missionary/evangelist…”
All God is going to ask is this: “Were you the best you that you could be? Did you use the talents, personality, passions, gifting, and opportunities that I gave to you and to no one else?”
On Wednesday nights in our Impact! youth service we’re exploring this topic in a series called Be You. That’s all God wants you to be. Come join us at 7pm on Wednesdays. In the meantime, listen to the Holy Spirit teaching you to be the best you you can be.