- Broken My covenant
- Revolted against My law
- Rejected what is good
- Appointed rulers without My consent
- Made idols
- Acted as if My laws don’t apply to you
- Practiced a meaningless religion (see Hosea 8)
And then God asks them (us) this question—
How long will you be incapable of innocence?
God’s question triggers a bunch of additional questions…
- What are we waiting for?
- Why don’t we repent of our sins?
- What’s keeping us from returning wholeheartedly to God?
- How much longer will we remain incapable of innocence?
- How much longer will we tempt God’s mercy?
I’m not waiting for them to change; I’ve got to change. I must recognize my sin, repent of my sin, and return wholeheartedly to God. What about you?