It’s so important to learn from others—to borrow their brains. I try to take something from other people’s brains every day.
- Every morning I begin my day by studying the timeless truths found in the Bible.
- Then I pray to ask God to give me the mind of Christ for my day.
- Throughout my day I learn from the brains of other business and ministry leaders. People who have been-there-done-that and are willing to share are an invaluable source of wisdom.
- I also consume a regular diet of biographies and autobiographies of past and present leaders. I try to put myself in their shoes to see why they made the decisions they made.
- And I have some close friends that can give me their honest insight and critique.
One of the saddest things is to hear someone say, “I’m a self-made man” or “I’m a self-made woman.” Really?! That’s rather limited, isn’t it?
So whose brains are you borrowing?